VP Dick Cheney will have a procedure to replace the battery in his pacemaker. While he's in the shop they also plan to polish his glass eye, tune up his bionic legs and give him a complete sneer adjustment.
A hundred foot-deep lake in the Andes just up and disappeared. Not the first time this has happened - same story last year in Russia, and in 2004 it happened in Missouri. Apparently Michael Moore gets mighty thirsty after eating a boxcar or two of salted peanuts.
It's good to see we're all still interested in getting the hard news and keeping up with the challenging issues. Here are the sfgate.com most read stories today:
- Stolen 1956 Thunderbird recovered -- 31 years later
- SF Gate: Entertainment: Horoscope
- Should You Get A Bad Tattoo? Why not? It's easier than ever to get it...
- No copping out allowed Yes, 'Die Hard 4' is rated PG-13, but the action is...
- BART'S NEW VISION: MORE, BIGGER, FASTER
And that's the way it is, June 22, 2007.