Some1 gots a computr

I am living in the World Wide Web these days. My waking hours, and sometimes my dreams, revolve around building web pages, uploading files, and trying to decipher little bits of code and the lingo of the Uber Nerds around me.

Along the way, one can collect some entertainment if one tries. Case in point, the offerings here, contributed by people from all over who carry the exalted title of Webmaster for some public agency. These are some actual emails from actual citizens that were actually sent to some actual public employee somewhere in this great land of ours. I think you will find them inspiring.

"When is some1 comin to cut my grass? I bought this house and the grass is gettng tall. My neighbor says if I wait long enuf the city will cut it for me." (Now that's what I call good old American ingenuity! Of course, this same person will complain loudly when the City sends a bill for cutting the grass after a bunch of complaints and time-wasting paperwork, all burning up the taxpayer dollar.)

"My trash was not picked up today. My trash needs to be emptied NOW." (As if often the case with the loudest, most demanding complaints, this citizens gave no name, address, or return email.)

"How much does it cost to get married?" ( If you have to ask, you can't afford it.)

"Ii gots me a warant for my arest for not cumin too coorts. can I post bail from my computr?" (Note that "post bail" is spelled correctly.)

"I searched the City website and didn't find this info. Is there a City Noise Ordinance for loud motorcycles in my neighborhood constantly up and down the streets as late as 3:00 A.M. in the morning? How do I apply for a gun permit?"
(If more citizens would take the initiative to resolve these little neighborhood problems on their own, we'd all benefit, don't you agree?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I have neglected my blog and the sadness that results

"Mikey Angels" flies off in both directions at once

Indians owned slaves? Did I sleep through that history lesson?