Finally something to do with all your old albums

Being Friday and all, and having had my fill of being serious for the week, it's time for something completely different.

The San Francisco Chronicle article turned me on to the sleeveface phenomenon, and I think it's worth sharing. A sleevface is "one or more persons obscuring or augmenting any part of their body or bodies with record sleeve(s) causing an illusion." Here's an example:

There are over 700 sleevefaces posted on Flickr. Lots of them are very direct like this one, but you'll also find increasingly creative, and sometimes disturbing efforts like this one from sleeveface.com:


I won't spoil the fun by posting too many here (but if you send me one, I will certainly feature it.) Go see for yourself. The three main places you can peruse these are in the sleeveface pool on Flickr, www.sleevface.com, and Facebook (but you have to be a Facebook user to see those.) Notice how many of these shots appear to have been taken in record shops. A whole new time waster.

And so what I say is, grow some funk of your own, peoples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I have neglected my blog and the sadness that results

Indians owned slaves? Did I sleep through that history lesson?

"Mikey Angels" flies off in both directions at once